Tuesday, October 16, 2007

More Northeast Adventures

I'm back from my trip to the northeast. This picture was taken on a hike we did on Saturday, up Mount Tom near Woodstock, VT. It was a 4.5 mile hike and absolutely beautiful. I went a little picture happy and came back with 250+ photos.

It was a great trip, not only because of the beautiful scenery I got to capture on camera, but also because it was a reunion with old friends. These friends know me well. It was good to catch up with them and have long talks over Pumpkin Spice coffee with the kids clamoring in the background.

The rest of my trip consisted of:
  • Taking 400+ photos of kids and colors
  • Going on the hike up Mt. Tom
  • Touring the VT countryside with Barbara and seeing a bunch of covered bridges
  • Playing Chinese checkers and losing badly
  • Hearing a sermon on the importance and philosophy of praise music in church
  • Long talks late into the night every night
  • A discussion on world events and politics with Chris (and our mutual conclusion that the news makes us depressed)
  • Soaking up the crisp fall air and wishing I could take some of it back to TX with me
This was my 7th trip back to VT and NH. I hope it will be the 7th of many more trips to come!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

hlw said...

GORGEOUS photo! Can't wait to see the rest of 'em...

Lippy said...

Wow! Praise the Lord for your awesome trip! We need to get together sometime soon!

Shannon Z said...

OK, the next time you are ANYWHERE on the east coast, you better give me a heads up! My dad and Gail are on the VT/MA border and I would pack up in a heartbeat to see you! I did the covered bridge tour several years ago and when Deema's grandma was here last year, we took her and did the circuit again. Did you get a chance to go to Norman Rockwell's house/museum? We were with Dad and Gail and kids this summer and canoed the Battenkill River and wanted to hike Mt. Greylock but ran out of time for the hike. Also, hard to plan since I'm still nursing and not ready to hike with baby :)
Love you bunches and bunches!