Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Relaxing Weekend

I had begun to forget that "relax" and "weekend" can be used in the same sentence.

It has been the first relaxing weekend in many months. The first in many months where I didn't have any schedule. The first in many months where I didn't have any homework. Here's how my weekend has gone:

  • Friday evening - ride and feel the stress of the week roll off as I trot around the polo field.
  • Friday night - girls' movie night.
  • Saturday morning - sleep in, make a cup of hot tea, read my book.
  • Saturday lunch - Blue Star Cafe with Amy.
  • Saturday afternoon - massage and my first ever pedicure. (Thank you Amy for making me feel like a princess!)
  • Saturday evening - head for the barn to show off Caspian at the polo match, take pictures of Caspian, love on Caspian and just hang out with Caspian. You get the picture.
  • Saturday night - dinner out with folks from the barn. Conversation consisted of IBM, photography and, of course, horses.
  • Sunday morning - church and Sunday schoool, mini-photo shoot.
  • Sunday lunch - lunch at the Jones'.
  • Sunday afternoon - nap!
  • Sunday evening - head to the barn to ride or maybe just hang out and enjoy the weather. Or whatever I feel like doing, since I have no schedule for the rest of the day.

I think maybe I'll be more ready for this Monday, since I'll be rested. For the first time in many months.

1 comment:

The Thomps said...

You are welcome! I am so glad I have started you down the path of high-maintenance corruption via cute toes. ;)