Sunday, February 8, 2009

this is how i want to live

“While here on earth, we need to make a vital decision ... whether to be mere spectators, or movers and shakers for the Kingdom of God... whether to stay among the curious, or take up a cross. And this means: no standing on the sidelines ... We’re either in the game or we’re not. I sometimes ask myself the question: If I were to die today, what would my life have stood for... The answer can’t be an impulsive one, and we all need to count the cost before we give an answer. Because to be able to say yes to one thing, means to say no to many others. But we must also remember, that the greatest danger is not impulsiveness, but inaction.”

excerpt from Tony Blair's speech at Obama's first annual National Prayer Breakfast

1 comment:

Emily said...

Such a powerful speech! Thanks for posting it. I copied and saved that same excerpt.