Wednesday, October 5, 2011

So apparently

my camera has a focus lock button. Who knew?

It's a funny little slide-action lock on the back of my camera that, well, locks the focus in place. Though small, this funny little thing was cause for much angst, consternation, frustration and worry on my part. For about the last three months, I have lived with taking photos with the focus "jammed" to the upper left-hand quadrant of my focus field. I was picturing a major computer repair to my not-so-old camera. I think I had about $1000 as the repair estimate in my head.

So, much to my relief and the amusement of the camera repair man and my dear friends Kim and Bethany, I am now educated in all things related to focus locks! I think I made the camera repair guy's day. He gave me that look. Something that goes like this, "poor thing, she is so completely camera illiterate. Someone please get her a Polaroid camera!" Should I mention the fact that Kim and Bethany were laughing rather loudly as this whole scene unfolded? Sympathy? What sympathy?

Glad I can provide a little entertainment in their worlds.

PS - I'm also proud to say that I've added a new most embarrassing moment to my rather large repertoire. No, it's not the above story. But you'll have to call me for that story, because I'm not going to blog about it. Maybe when I'm 87 I will.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ya sure! I called you and you didn't answer. You CANNOT do that!! I know you are busy, but I will NOT let you forget to tell me!

Gwendolyn said...

Ah, but she will never tell...this I know, for I was there :-)