Wednesday, March 20, 2013

On being a photographer

I've caught a couple of the creativeLIVE 28 Days with Sue Bryce videos this week and they are good. I just listened to the free video on Fear and it's fabulous.

Some take-aways:
  • I'm not here to compete; I'm here to create. 
  • Fear is going to hold me back - every time - if I let it.
  • The root of my fear is that I don't think I'm good enough. The lack of progress or success I have in my business has nothing to do with the industry - it has everything to do with what's in my head. 
  • I must unapologetically run with my own style, realizing that as a creator, my fingerprints are unlike anyone else.
  • As a Christian, it's cool to apply this through the lens of Scripture - as a creature made in God's image, I'm also a creator. When I create, it reflects directly back to Him.

1 comment:

Gwendolyn1946 said...

Oh so true! I think those very realizations are part of why I chose to do HITH. It's a huge reach. But I know, because I AM an artist with my camera that I see things others don't and they will be blessed with what I capture. The creative process is complicated, but it definitely requires NO FEAR. Love you, dearest. Mom