Wednesday, May 21, 2014

hard

I keep getting reminded that basically everything this side of eternity is hard.

  • being successful at work = hard
  • finding time and focus to study scripture = hard
  • cultivating and protecting friendships = hard
  • cultivating and protecting family relationships = hard
  • distance and separation = hard
  • keeping animals healthy = hard
  • keeping in shape = hard
  • planning the future = hard
  • keeping the house clean = hard
  • keeping vehicles in good running = hard

I've found myself complaining, some verbally and a lot internally, about how hard everything is.  I need grace and strength to acknowledge that life is hard, and yet not make that my focus. My focus needs to be on the blessings and bounty I do have in this life. And... keeping this focus = hard.

No comments: