Monday, December 22, 2014

2014 in Review

A few things I learned / experienced this past year:

1) God is working in the background, rolling out His plan, even (especially) when we think He's completely forgotten or doesn't care.
2) You can't change people. But you can encourage them and show them dignity.
3) I have the cutest and sweetest horse in the world. 
4) I really like Ford F150 trucks. Especially the one in my name. It is a gift.
5) I have some really good friends. They encourage me to be a better person and they challenge me.
6) I don't know how I could love a Doodlebug more than I already do. (He is currently at my feet as I type this.)
7) Flagstaff Arizona in October is probably my most favorite and familiar place / time to be. Ever.
8) Work will always be hard this side of eternity. May I learn to come at it hungry, humble and enthusiastic.
9) The book Unbroken may be the best book I've read in a long time. Warning: don't read it on a plane, your fellow passengers will wonder why there are tears streaming down your face.
10) I have the cutest nephews in the world. Seriously, they are the best. I'm so glad I get to be Ankie Tae in their lives.
11) Hope really is the anchor for our soul.
12) I love being Auntie K to about dozen other kiddos. I've loved our barn days, hikes, and time together this past year, and I'm hoping for a whole lot more this coming year.
13) Love is strenuous. Christian love doesn't give up on people. It's very much like running a race. You stick with it. ~ Tim Keller
14) I don't ever want to go back to Chicago in February. Way.Too.Cold.
15) I'm missing New York City. It's been a year since I've been there and I need to go back soon. It's an unlikely love.
16) I may have taken a couple work calls from the back of my horse this past year.
17) His mercies are new every morning. 
18) I really like taking walks. With kiddos, with my dog, with friends. Thankful that Austin has some great trails nearby.
19) I learned to love West Wing and Trader Joe's coffee, thanks to my friend Kim. (They had me captive for two months earlier this year, so I really didn't have a choice...)
20) The Ang Lee version of Sense and Sensibility is probably my most favorite movie of all time.

No comments: