Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Frogs, stocks, and a quiz

So I was studying down at Mozart's last night for my finance quiz upcoming. It was a gorgeous evening and I had a table near the water. The frogs were croaking softly while the water lapped gently against the deck.

I was deeply engrossed in calculating the cost of equity for Bootstrap Bill's company, when I started hearing: "if you invest in my t-shirts, our stock will go up this much (arm's waving widely) and I can retire early." All this was said with much animation and a really loud voice (and lots of cigarette smoke).

I guess I found the contrast between peaceful nature and man's attempt at money making a bit humorous. And being that I was studying finance, my ears perked up to that conversation a bit more quickly than normal.

The conversation continued, as well as the smoking, and I came to a stopping point in the quiz so I headed home.

No comments: