Friday, February 22, 2008

Is it possible to understand God?

No.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

I don't understand why God does what He does.

All I can do is seek His will for my life. And most of the time, this seems impossible.

So right now, right here I must take action where I know I can, but wait for the rest.

Seeking God's will = taking (what seem to be very small) steps forward + waiting.

In the end, may all this somehow bring glory to Him.

3 comments:

The Thomps said...

You should read my latest post. I swear I didn't look at yours before I wrote it!

kmac said...

uh huh. ;-)

I downloaded the song on your blog. It's great. Are these your AZ friends?

The Thomps said...

Yep! They live in LA now, but Dan (the guitar player) was one of my really good friends in AZ. We had a tradition of good conversations over razzleberry pie.