Wednesday, May 18, 2011

lesson

So I was walking up Madison Ave this afternoon at a fairly brisk pace (needed to get to the Met store before it closed) and BAM! I walked straight into the guy in front of me who suddenly decided to stop and dial a call on his cell phone. I politely smiled and walked around him, but on the inside was feeling smug that I had finally learned to navigate the streets of NYC to such an extent that I now know that stopping in the middle of a busy sidewalk in this city will cause certain calamity.

30 minutes later.

I was on the phone with my sis and having lousy reception, so I stopped to look at my phone and see what was up with it. Yes. I stopped. I stopped in the middle of a busy (and very crowded) sidewalk in this city. BAM. The poor (short) dude who ran into me gave me that look as he side-stepped around me. I'm sure I can guess what he was thinking.

I'm not feeling so smug anymore. Ah pride, you do cause the mighty to fall.

2 comments:

Dustin and Tiffany said...

Girl, you make me LAUGH!! Love ya!

kimmie said...

Awe-some.