Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Proverbs 12:10 (a)

Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast. ~ Proverbs 12:10

I am a little bit of a basket-case this morning and I am working in my office alone, with no Mr. Darcy. He is currently at the vet getting x-rays and measurements for hip surgery next week. I dropped him off this morning and as they took him back, he cheerfully trotted with the vet tech and looked back at me like he was asking if I was coming with him. It's a good thing no one at the front desk talked to me, since I wouldn't have been able to talk.

The verse above from Proverbs has comforted me this morning as we prep for a difficult few weeks ahead.

6 comments:

Gwenn said...

Bless your heart. Try to be of good cheer and know that what you are doing for him is totally out of love. And somehow, I think he will know that.

Gwenn said...

Bless your heart. Try to be of good cheer and know that what you are doing for him is totally out of love. And somehow, I think he will know that.

McBean said...

I know it will be hard, but it will be worth it if he is pain free at the other end of this trial. I'm glad you two have each other! He's lucky to have a mom like you.

Gary said...

Hang in there, dear heart; you've only really got two choices and the choice you're making is giving him a shot at a longer, happier life of being insanely fixated on only one person in the universe...but a happier life, regardless..... Love you/dad

Mrs. Miller said...

Oh Krista, I'm so sorry! :-( Poor guy. I don't know much about dog surgery, but I expect it's no easier then people surgery. Will be praying for you and for him.

p&k said...

:( So sad for you, but needed this proverb today for one of my kids in regard to one of our family beasts!