Friday, June 8, 2012

Daily Life

My life looks very different from (one of) my sister(s). This sister has the hardest job in the world - she is raising the next generation. She is not only raising kiddos, but she is also raising one tiger, one bear, and a future to-be-named (I'm voting for a lion cub). Read her blog and she will quickly become your new heroine.

In contrast to her daily life, here is a snapshot of mine of late:
  • work projects that are both tedious and rewarding
  • wrapping up one job this month and venturing into a completely new one next month
  • twice daily walks with Mr. Darcy as he is wrapping his physical therapy post-surgery.
  • complete enjoyment of working with and riding Caspian. This has been a long-time coming and the fruit of efforts from Eryn, Virginia, Shelly, JR, and many more. 
  • root beer floats and tex mex!
  • working with a blind horse and a paralytic student at ROCK and getting perpetually reminded that even the seeming "worthless" things have reason and beauty and purpose. 
  • a weekly small group at church of dear friends, where we are learning to go through life's ups and downs and sideways turns together
I trust that while I am not raising the next generation, the work I'm doing is nonetheless exactly where He wants me.