Sunday, January 10, 2016

the whisper of his grace

He makes all things new
In the midst of my failure
He raises me above it all

His grace makes small my mistakes
And His mercy overlooks my guilt
I am made new

He asks me to walk away from the mess I helped create
Draws me away by His great whisper
To leave behind the heap
That I am inclined toward


His healing grace a dart into my soul
And His breath washing me clean from enemy's filth

But I want to go back
To the heap
To the muddy puddle
Forgetting that a King's playground awaits

Energies directed and spent in focus of the smallness
     I am owed by another
Forgetting the enormity of my dept wiped clean
     by His breath on me
And the higher places to which He beckons
By the whisper of His grace

By the whisper of His grace
I am drawn into His space
Letting go of what I want to cling to


found recently in an old journal, written in March 2011

No comments: