Friday, August 31, 2012

A month or two in review

The last couple of months have flown by. Here's a short, but not exhaustive recap:
  • Ended one job and started a new one. It's a big change and I'm a total beginner again and essentially getting paid to go to school. I'm soaking this up for as long as it lasts!
  • My life has been revolutionized from squeezing lime juice into a glass of ice water. It not only tastes amazing, and is good for your health, but it also makes nalgene water bottles smell nice. Yes, it's the little things.
  • My heart melts when nephew #1 calls my name through the house when he doesn't know where I am - he yells: "Anky-Tae!" Gets me every time.
  • My heart melts when nephew #2 comes prancing toward me in a quick crawl, while throwing me a big cheeky smile.
  • I still have a crush on Paul Ryan. He makes economics the most exciting thing in the world for me.
  • I'm training Caspian to ride and I'm happy to report that my feet don't drag the ground! Prayers answered! He's a fabulous horse, smart and willing to learn, laid back with a spark, and the nosiest horse I've ever known. 
  • Mr. Darcy is looking very scruffy. 
  • Wilbur Mac has taken to sounding off gentle knickers at feeding time and other random times. I think it's because he knows how to manipulate females.
  • I have eaten way too much tex mex this summer. 
  • I've decided to get fitted for real running shoes and train for a 5k. Yeah, ask me how that's going in about 8 months. 
  • I'm looking very forward to meeting nephew #3 in a few weeks!

No comments: