Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Disclaimer: this is another reaction post.

This video is appearing on numerous friend's facebook feeds and I had some thoughts on it. 

1. I really do think some girls just want to marry girls. At least that's what they seem to want their men to act like.
2. This made me sad for the men. The message in this video is that unless you're a gay man, you're pretty much a bumbling, selfish, worthless brute. The picture of true manhood is completely lost in this video - it is so grossly distorted that it doesn't even make sense anymore.
3. This made me want to shout from the rooftops a HUGE thank you to the men who boldly cling to true masculinity. (Yes, true masculinity does make me a little giddy.)
4. As a woman, I really wouldn't want to walk down a dark alley with any of the men portrayed in this video, let alone marry them. I have serious doubts that in their "progressive" thinking, they would be the protector in a dangerous situation or any place where sacrifice is needed. They might break a nail or dirty their oxford.
5. I deliberately call the men in this video men. They are men. They are just very far away from the real meaning of a man.
6. So while some of my women friends may want to marry or wish they were married to these kinds of men, with a full supply of massages and fresh baked cookies, I'll stick with the buy who got BBQ sauce on his shorts - it probably means he's not afraid to break a nail or get his shirt dirty.
7. And if he's not afraid to break a nail or get his shirt dirty, he's also probably not afraid of dark alleys or sacrifice where needed.