Saturday, March 7, 2009

Frustrated? part 3

Singleness seems to be a curse or ailment in our current culture. The culture seems to be centered around couples and twos. But what if singleness is not a curse? Or an ailment? What if it is more like an outfit or uniform? Something that is worn for a season for a particular job/task/work and later on exchanged for the outfit of marriage? Later exchanged when we are then better suited for serving God alongside someone else rather than with Him alone.

Carrying this thought further, the outfit doesn't define us, it is merely ornamental or functional. Our identity is in who we are as a person, not in our outfit; in our personhood, not our relational status. I am kmac if I wear jeans and mud boots or if I wear a skirt and heels (that is not a parallel comparison between singleness and marriage, so don't even get started down that path).

"kmac, you have work to do for Me, and this work is better done with you being single than with you being married. So get busy, get to work, complete the job at hand and trust Me with the rest. When you complete this task, you'll be ready for the next. And I'll supply the perfect outfit for the job to be done."

3 comments:

p&k said...

hey, i think the outfit thought is great--and it does seem like we'll be given the right outfit for the job! keep us posted on what you're thinking...and i loved reading (all 3 parts) your frustrations!
love,
k

Dustin and Tiffany said...

Just want to tell you that it won't last forever... Life is like sheet music. No matter what timing the song is, at some point, there is a rest. Some rests are longer than others-but still a rest nonetheless.
The rests are just temporary pauses before the next note plays. The longer the rest, the greater the suspense, and the more your ear yearns for the next note to break the silence. Without fail, after a rest, the song is more beautiful than before. With the absence of a rest is absence of an incredible finish to a song that begs for an encore...
Love you!

amusingt said...

Psalm 16:5-11

The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;
in the night also my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.